His Church Anglican
Vestry Minutes for Sept. 16, 2015
Opened with prayer by Allen at 7:18 p.m.
Attendance: Pastor Allen, Sue Grunkemeyer, Susan George, Noreen Panizzoli, Russ McDonald, Barbara Middlekauff, David Morphew
Minutes: Moved by Susan George to accept minutes for August. Barb seconded. Approved.
Finance Report: Giving in August was robust; same as last year, five Sunday months. Large quarterly output month – break even month. Designated funds slight gain of about $400. Mission fund was up; building up; food pantry down. Attendance stayed consistent with last year. Net worth increased by $19,000 due to special gifts – $43,045 gift from Antoniottis and almost $15,000 in stock
Tithing Gifts: Do we tithe on gifts like that from the Antoniotti’s to the Diocese? Yes
Stock Gift Tithes: Brown Foreman stock. Hold onto it until we need it or cash and tithe on the value at the time of the sale. New stock donation policy to only tithe on liquid assets.
Pray for Tom had knee surgery on tendon/quad; he is in pain. Picnic was excellent. Good visit with Bishop Ahemana; took him to see Vertical. He spoke with young married couples and young people on Sunday. Bill Garfield, former missionary from Trinity, passed away last Friday.
Outreach to Stevenson:
50th anniversary, October 22 – 24
Meeting this Tuesday at Trinity at 7:30 with Life Church to talk about ways to serve
Pray for direction in how we may serve the Stevenson community
Living in the Kingdom Seminar, Saturday, September 26 – Gus Richard will be the presenter. Day of prayer; follow up last year’s ‘Fan the Flame’.
Strategic Partnership with Kivu – Trying to help his diocese grow in the poorest area of Rwanda. They are required to develop their road footage of 300 feet or lose the property. Construction is currently being raised on half of that footage. Looking for help to become their own diocese (30,000 Anglicans). They have to have one church, one car, bank account with sufficient funds and a compound area for the bishop to meet and serve the diocese. We currently give 2% of our income to their effort. Please pray whether we should increase it by 1% for a total of 3%.
Madonna University Partnership – Conversation regarding sharing our ministry with the students.
Justin Zigiranyirazo Visa interview scheduled for next Monday. Will know more then. Dinner being planned for November 14, if they are approved to visit.
Bishop Search: Candidates from seven diocese from four states and Canada will be informed and need to respond of their intentions. Possibility of 18 names will be whittled down to three.
Motion by Susan George to subsidize Allen’s trip to Texas to work with the task force on marriage and sexuality for up to $600 for two nights. Seconded and approved.
Meeting adjourned at 9:22 p.m.