Vestry Minutes for November 18, 2015
Opened with prayer by Pastor Allen at 7:12 p.m.
Attendance: Pastor Allen, Sue Grunkemeyer, Susan George, Noreen Panizzoli, Russ McDonald, Chris Darnell, David Morphew
Minutes: Change ‘decision’ to ‘discussion’ regarding an adjustment to the reimbursement of Allen’s diocesan travel. Allen made motion to accept as amended; Susan George seconded. Approved.
Homework Ideas for 2016 Budget: Look at expending surplus $7,000. Important to consider a fallback plan, if we need to move from Trinity OR think about the possibility of His Church becoming the lead at Trinity.
Student outreach to Stevenson.
Life in the Spirit type event for 2016.
Support the Easter Vigil.
Small group Bible studies.
Consider salary increases.
Possible budget line for Lay Catechist efforts.
Increase funds to John Musser for Good News Daily.
More focus on children, women’s groups and families.
Network to disperse the discretionary funds for families in crisis or in need.
Finance Report: October was down by $2,000, giving down 9% over 2014. Preliminary budget has been drafted.
- Morning Prayer with a Remembrance of Jesus’ Supper every Wednesday at 6:30 a.m. at Trinity Church to be included on our Facebook page.
- Review of Justin’s visit thus far: Learning how to work with him in his presentations. He has spoken at Hope College, Hamtramck High School, Trinity dinner.
- Trinity: Potlucks on December 3 and 17 at 6 p.m. with 7 p.m. worship service. Christmas Day, with Trinity at 10 a.m. Trinity is realistic about the changes coming and looking at incoming leadership to be an integral part of the important decisions that need to be made for the future ministry of Trinity.
- Greenhouse/Catechists: Chicago prayer gathering attended by Pastor Allen and Pastor Justin.
- Bishop Search/Diocese: Nothing new. Pray for Allen that he hear clearly what God wants him to say. Decision to be made sometime in January
New Vestry Nominations: Sue Grunkemeyer, Fred Johnson and Tom Bertino are rotating off.
Thanks: Appreciation note to be sent to all those who worked on the Dinner for Kivu.
Noodle & Company: Complimentary meal invitation in the New Year to include new Vestry members.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 16 at 7 p.m.
Adjourned with prayer at 8:55 p.m.